You’re humming along fine, then BAM. Upset.
ANGER. ANXIETY. SELF-DOUBT. DISAPPOINTMENT. GUILT. JEALOUSY. SHAME.
Any one of these can derail you. All of a sudden you can’t think clearly, you’re distracted, irritable - maybe snapping or completely withdrawing, stressed, and not as productive as you want to be.
NOT AS EFFECTIVE as you KNOW YOU CAN BE.
AND it's EXHAUSTING...
This upset can last minutes, hours, days or even weeks (and beyond).
“Wait, I was fine just a minute ago? What happened?”
It’s not your fault because THIS IS THE STUFF NO ONE TAUGHT US IN SCHOOL.
Feelings & emotions. They're PART OF BEING HUMAN and no one teaches us (women OR men) what they are and where they come from, yet they’re here – now – right in front of us, AFFECTING EVERYTHING WE THINK AND DO.
Emotions can feel like a vast, confusing landscape. I know they were for me, especially growing up. Watch the 2 min video below to hear about my best thinking and early strategies to deal with my emotions.
hear about LAURA'S own emotional confusion - click the video below
IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY!
There are concrete skills I was fortunate enough to learn and, as a result, I was able to rescue myself from my emotional confusion. The welcome byproducts were a dramatic reduction in stress, greater objectivity, better decisions, improved leadership, and a sense of inner calm, to name a just a few.
Over the years I've shared my learning with countless groups and individuals: doctors, graduate students, C-Suite executives, VPs, site supervisors, regional directors, marketing professionals, entrepreneurs, etc, and never tire of seeing the light bulb come on when someone really GETS what this new-found knowledge can do for them, their relationships, their life & work.
Not long ago, one of the doctors pointed to the SIMPLE FORMULA FOR EMOTIONAL SELF MASTERY that I teach and exclaimed, "THAT is everything!" My response" "You're right...that IS everything..."
AND NO, IT'S NOT FAIR
BECAUSE THIS IS THE STUFF NO ONE TAUGHT US IN SCHOOL!
But it's not too late...
What can the skills of Emotional Self Mastery do for you?
- Freedom from the emotional roller coaster so you can feel calm even in the midst of a storm
- Ability to respond with wisdom rather than react with emotion so you can be a trusted, clear thinking leader in your life & work
- Improved relationships so you can enjoy real connection and fulfillment
- Enhanced leadership skills of yourself and others so you can continue to find more and more success
- Ready access to clear thinking and creativity so you can be the go-to person in the room
- Significant reduction in stress so you can be healthy, energetic and vibrant both in and outside of work
Now, I want to bring it to YOU so you too can feel the freedom that comes when you truly understand your own emotional landscape.
The Emotional Self Mastery Live Workshop is enrolling right now! It's part of a series of five interactive workshops in Orange County, California: Experiential Learning for Professional Women. You're welcome to attend one, some, or all of the series, though maximum benefit would be received by attending all five.
The first event of the series is here!
EMOTIONAL SELF MASTERY | FEBRUARY 9 | 2 - 6 PM | IRVINE CA
HOW TO GAIN AND KEEP AN EDGE IN BUSINESS & LIFE
click the short video below FOR A PERSONAL INVITATION FROM LAURA
Hear from a successful business owner who has personally experienced the impact of Laura's work...
learn about The LAB IN THE SHORT VIDEO BELOW
The Self Leadership Lab’s formula for an Exceptional Life & Workplace includes three elements:
BE highly self aware
LEARN cool new skills
DO experiments & build habits
We’ll be doing each of those things on February 9th. My goal is that you will leave more self aware than you came, with highly impactful new skills, experience with those skills, and a plan to continue your learning. This one-of-a-kind event will change the way you look at your emotions and the emotions of others.
What you’ll learn and do:
- Take an honest self assessment of how emotions are currently affecting your life & work
- Learn what emotions are, where they come from & what on earth to do with them
- Understand the physiology of emotions and, specifically, the fight, flight or freeze response
- Be introduced to a very simple, incredibly useful formula for emotional self mastery
- Practice your life changing new skills with a real life situation, unique to you
- Learn healthy ways to express feelings & emotions
- Design an experiment to continue your learning after you leave
- Share your experience with other professional women
- Enjoy light refreshments in a beautiful boutique hotel
Since this event is highly experiential, you will leave with your new skills inside of you, rather than in a dreaded white binder you toss on a shelf, never to be looked at again.
This event is for you if:
- You want an added edge to fuel your career growth
- You love learning in an engaging, experiential, fun environment
- You embrace learning skills to help you be more effective in work & life
- You are willing to be honest with yourself and take ownership of your life
- You want to feel peaceful most of the time
- You enjoy the company of other professional women
- You are willing to invest time and money in yourself
This event is not for you if:
- You thrive on stress & drama
- You tend to blame others for the things wrong in your life
- You are not willing to look inside for useful insights
- You tend toward closed mindedness
- You don’t enjoy the company of professional women
- You are not willing to invest time and money in yourself
there's something you need to know - click the short video below
Now, in order to take advantage of this opportunity, you need to be willing to do two things: Put 4-5 hours of TIME ASIDE FOR YOU on a Friday afternoon and be willing to INVEST IN YOURSELF. Why am I calling this out? Because women are notorious for putting themselves last on their list (or not on their list at all). I encourage you to, at least this once, PUT YOURSELF FIRST.